Auto-generated Pipelines

Hi All!

One feature I would be very keen to add into PickCells is the ability for the user to import an analysis pipeline from a preexisting experiment. I can see at least 2 main advantages to this:

• This would avoid having to repeat the same tasks over and over again for each replicate experiment . This is even more important that some tasks can be a bit error prone such as filter and attribute creation.
  • This would enable the standardisation of specific procedures and higher throughput. One performs an analysis once, validates it and adds it to some sort of shared library that other members of the lab can access.

Of course, this has to be very well thought through, the idea would be that as the user build his/her analysis, PickCells would record each step automatically, including parameter values. Some steps in the pipeline might require user intervention, such as segmentation or track editing, so once imported and run on a new experiment, the pipeline will have to pause at these steps and resume upon user validation.

Alternatively, instead of the whole pipeline, “simply” importing filters and attributes from another experiment could be a useful first step.

I’d be happy to hear your thoughts on this!

How important would it be for you to be able to import filters or attributes you created in another experiment?

(5 is important, 1 is not)

0 voters

How important would it be for you to enable the “Pipelines” feature in PickCells?

(5 is important, 1 is not)

0 voters