Maxima and shapes not showing up in segmentation generator

segmentation
v080-snapshot
nessys

Hiya,

I was working on a ridge-based segmentation for my images. Everything was going fine, but I went back and forth a few times to reset my maxima threshold to try to improve my segmentation. After a few times of this, the maxima stopped showing up altogether, and no new shapes showed up after clicking “generate shapes”.

I tried reloading the segmentation tool, reloading PickCells, and then deleting the database altogether and making a new one. None of them solved the issue.

What to do?
Karolina

Hi @Karolina,

After a few times of this, the maxima stopped showing up altogether

So the first time you had no issue? How many times did you try to adjust the maxima? Can you tell me also which values for the maxima threshold you have used?

I tried reloading the segmentation tool, reloading PickCells, and then deleting the database altogether and making a new one. None of them solved the issue.

This module is not affected by the database and does not write anything to it so the problem is not related to the database.

Could you maybe try also with the standalone Nessys to see if you get the same problem?

Cheers,

Yes, the first few times going back and forth there was no prolem. I may have tried adjusting the maxima ~5 times, returning to it from the followin step. I used values between 0.9-1.1 because my image has very low brightness.

Resolved - I was entering values that were 10x too large for my image, which had very low intensity to begin with.